How to Enable Fingerprint Lock in WhatsApp? Here in this article I’ll tell you about WhatsApp new Update with fingerprint authentication feature.
If you are enrolled in the WhatsApp beta program, you can now secure all your chats with the Fingerprint lock feature.
- The latest WhatsApp beta for Android adds support for fingerprint locking.
- WhatsApp had rolled out the authentication feature to iOS & Android beta users roughly six months back.
- Even with the Fingerprint lock feature enabled, you can still reply to messages from the notifications shade and answer WhatsApp calls.
- You need to update your WhatsApp version to the 2.19.221 Android beta version in order to use the Fingerprint lock feature in WhatsApp.
- If you have already updated but you don’t see the feature, please back up your chat history and reinstall WhatsApp if you don’t want to wait more.
- Every time you reinstall WhatsApp, the most updated configurations from the server are downloaded, enabling the feature for you.
- If you have reinstalled the app and the feature persists to not be enabled, don’t worry. If your device meets the requirements, the feature will be automatically visible in the next updates very soon.
WhatsApp was working for a lot of months on a new feature that is in high demand from WhatsApp users.
No, we are not talking about the Dark Mode, that will be available in the next months, but about the Fingerprint lock feature, previously called Authentication or Screen Lock feature.
After enabling the Screen Lock feature for iOS beta users (more than 3 months ago), WhatsApp is finally ready to release it for all Android users.
Enable Fingerprint Lock in WhatsApp
After showing its first tracks in the 2.19.3 update, WhatsApp is finally rolling out, for all Android beta users (having Android Marshmallow or newer and a fingerprint sensor).
How to Enable Fingerprint Lock in WhatsApp
- Open Your WhatsApp.
Before Enabling fingerprint lock you need to open your Whatsapp first.
- Goto Settings.
- Goto Account Option
- Goto Privacy
- Select Fingerprint Lock.
- Now select your Fingerprint lock on WhatsApp
You can not download the beta version of whatsapp until you not enroll your self in Beta Program.
Hurrrah! You all done. you now can test your WhatsApp security by opening your WhatsApp. I hope you like this article and this article become very helpful for you. Don’t forget to share with your friends. If you need more article like this one fill the form below and click on submit.